Enter your email address in the box below to receive email updates when new pictures, videos, or articles are added to our class blog!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rubrics



In Studio 214, we have been using a lot of rubrics and I just wanted to show you how they work. When a student turns in an assignment with a rubric, they score themselves first. This is a great way to reflect and see if they have completed everything they needed to complete on the assignment. I take their rubric and score the task also, using a different color than they did the first time. Sometimes they score themselves lower than I do- they're pretty tough on themselves! I then add up their score and average it to get their final grade for the task. Here is a picture of a rubric we used recently to score science space projects. I also try to write some type of feedback on the rubric so we can continue to grow as students!