Enter your email address in the box below to receive email updates when new pictures, videos, or articles are added to our class blog!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Nursing Home Visit

We visited the Cumberland Valley Nursing Home this week to release balloons in honor of "Nursing Home Week" and then the enjoyed snow cones and played games with the residents of the nursing home.  We did this in place of traveling out of town on a field trip due to the expensive costs related to traveling out of town and because we had to have all field trips completed before May 1, which we could not do because of state testing.

I have to say that I teared up watching the students interact with the elderly folks that day. I watched as the students would play checkers, corn bag toss, and tic-tac-toe, and they would let their opponent win on purpose and I'm telling you, I had to hold back the tears!  I was so proud to be a part of this little trip and so proud of our kids and their positive display of character! It is days like this one, I know this is one of the reasons that I love my job so much!