Enter your email address in the box below to receive email updates when new pictures, videos, or articles are added to our class blog!

Monday, July 2, 2012

My Summer Projects


Summer break is going great! I am loving being home, spending time with my son and husband. I've also been working on several projects getting ready for the upcoming school year and searching Pinterest and other teacher's blogs for new ideas! I have painted a desk for my "Student of the Week", made a huge sign to hang behind my reading shelf that will light up, created postcards and magnets, and completed several other things that I will show when I post pictures of our room before the "Back to School" night.


We have also been completing a lot of projects around our house too! We had a new roof, shutters, and gutters put on our house because of the storm damage earlier in the spring. We also bought new stainless steel appliances for the kitchen, which I love, put up some wood molding, painted, installed new backdoors, and we're adding new flooring next.

This week we will be traveling to West Liberty, Kentucky, to volunteer helping clean up and work on areas that were damaged by the storm that moved through a few months ago and destroyed their town. We are taking a group of sixteen people to work and volunteer. I always look forward to our service project every summer!

I hope you are enjoying your summer- getting lots of rest and playing! Make sure you are taking a little time to read a good book, such as one of the new Kentucky Bluegrass books and reviewing your multiplication tables so you do not forget them! I will see you soon!



This is the postcard I created at http://www.vistaprints.com/.  They have many backgrounds to choose from and you can design and add your own text.  I also made a matching magnet to pass out to parents during our "Back to School" night that has all my contact information in case they need to call throughout the school year.  


This is a picture of our dining room with our new molding and doors.  We added the molding in our kitchen, foyer, and down the hall as well.  I found a blog this summer that I have been following http://www.theyellowcapcod.com/ and she has the best ideas for home projects and how to complete them using things you find a junk stores or thrift stores, which is what I love!


This is my "Student of the Week" chair and each week, whoever earns the honor, will get to sit in this chair for the week for their hardwork and great behavior!