Enter your email address in the box below to receive email updates when new pictures, videos, or articles are added to our class blog!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Reading Salad"

     So I was at a meeting a couple weeks ago and another teacher from Owensboro was telling me about a book she uses in her reading class.  I ordered it from Amazon and started reading it and is has the best ideas to increase comprehension!  The first lesson we did was creating a reading salad and I was able to model to the students how we should stop and making connections to our reading when we are reading any type of passage.  I had a couple of helpers to make the salad as I was reading the book "Don't Laugh at Me", which is also a great conversation starter for how we should treat others.  I am using this resource during our RTI time and cannot wait to the rest of the lessons- I know it will make a positive impact!



Here is a copy of the book I'm using to increase student reading comprehension!